Favorites: February 2014



Hello Everyone!
This month I have been experimenting with drugstore products, seeing what products work and do not work. For the most part, I have found some insanely great products for insanely great deals.

This month has been really difficult on my skin, ether its oily and greasy (yuck) with blemishes or just normal as can be but super itchy, I have found some insanely great products that have balanced out my skin. First at target this month, I bought St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub
and let me tell you...
This stuff is the bomb.
As soon as I put it on my face, it smelt like grandmas apricot pie! It says it prevents black heads and minimizes pores which intrigued me because of my large pores. I like to use this in conjunction with my Clarasonic Mia.
Next, I use  Ponds Rejuveness cream to moisturize my face after I applied the scrub. It is supposed to firm your skin and visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines in 2 weeks. I completely agree with the statement because i have used it every night and I have felt my skin become more firm and smooth.

After I clean my face I tend to use a Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelette to cleanse my skin. It is made of 98% of natural products and is made with both cucumbers and aloe vera. This has to be my new go to cleansing towelette.


For makeup this month i have been using only drugstore products

On my face, I have been using Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser as my makeup base. I have noticed a HUGE difference using this product along with my foundation favorite for this month of Rimmel's Stay Matte Foundation in the color, Light Porcelain. I have heard good and bad about this foundation and I wasn't planning on buying it until I heard my local Walgreens had it half off so I went and picked it up.
I instantly loved this product.
It keeps my face matte for most of the day. This is saying a lot concerning I am going to a culinary school where things splash in my face, i'm around steam and heat and i sweat. At the end of class, I can barely tell i look like a hot mess. I would not recommend this product to anyone with dry skin, it tends to flake up near those areas.

For the past 4 months I have been using Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Mineral Powder in the shade Classic ivory. I have been loving how this powder doesn't oxidize on my skin like most colored powders do. I highly recommend this shade to anyone with light or pale skin for this reason.

Lastly For makeup I have been loving my Jordana's Fabuliner in black. I bought this at Walgreens for about $2.72, which is an amazing price for such a high quality product. I tend to have oily lids that crease my eye make up or create a smudged liner.
This liner sticks.
The minute I tried it on the back of my hand and tried to smudge it and it wouldn't budge. During the day, I only had to touch up on one eye again because I had touched it with my sunglasses, but other than that it didn't budge. If I were you, I would pick it up just to try it out, its a great deal.

For nails this month i have been really loving a nail polish I picked up at Forever 21 during the fall. The color is taupe and is truly beautiful with my light skin complexion. The color didn't chip for a week outside of the kitchen and stayed in tact through daily activities
.


My Fashion favorite this month is a dress I picked up for Valentines day at forever 21. It was about $20 and I got the bow belt on clearance for $2.72. The shoes i already had (They are actually my mothers) and the tights i also got on clearance for a great price. Honestly I only wore this outfit once this month but next time I go out, I want to wear it because it looks flattering with my shape.



I Listen to the music only at the gym these days, I just don't have the time in the day to just sit down and listen because I am so busy or I get distracted. My favorite song this month has been "All Night" by Icona Pop. Its a great song to get energized to before my work out and to jam out to in the car on the way to school. its a great up lifter.



My Favorite person of this month has to be hands down BubzBeauty! I just want to say CONGRATS to you and Tim for being able to bring a little bundle of joy into this world. I'm going to be honest, I have been waiting for this announcement ever since I started watching her videos back in the beginning!

Thank you all for reading my February Favorites for 2014! I will be back soon!
Love you all,
-Halesannexo


No comments:

Post a Comment